Aside from my teaching and performing responsibilities, I love spending time discussing different theories of pedagogy, phrasing, and the science behind performance. The following pages are meant to share my thoughts and ideas on the above topics.
- Methods of Phrasing
- Interpreting Perceived Patterns in Contemporary Music
- Science of Performing Brass Instruments
- Audition Preparation
- Homemade Breathing Devices
Drones and Tuning
– University of Akron, March 2013
– Ithaca College, Northeast Regional Tuba Euphonium Conference, April 2013
Note Grouping: Creating a GPS for a Musical Performance
– Bowling Green State University, Midwest Regional Tuba Euphonium Conference, May 2015
Audition Preparation Tactics
– Slippery Rock University, Roger Bobo Festival of Brass, June 2016
– Springfield Symphony Youth Orchestra (OH), January 2017
Musical Phrasing: Choosing the Correct Method
– Indiana University of Pennsylvania, March 2017
– University of Alabama, Southeast Regional Tuba Euphonium Conference, May 2017
Low Brass Basics
Lukowicz, T. (Dec 2009-Jan. 2010). Low Brass Basics. TRIAD, Vol. LXXVII (2), 44-47.
Low Brass Basics: Part 2
Lukowicz, T. (May/June 2010). Low Brass Basics: Part 2. TRIAD, Vol. LXXVII (4), 105-108.
More updates and video clips of lectures to come soon.